We firmly believe servant leadership make people succeed both professionally and personally. Leadership is all about creating vision and strategic direction, while the servant aspect is focused on removing operational obstacles. Servant leadership creates an organizational culture that is healthy. It’s built on trust, values relationships and allows people to thrive. It is soft on people and hard on results, often delivering beyond expectations.
Our vision is to align talent with strategy through delivering learning programs across Africa, focused on servant leadership as the way to create and maintain healthy organizational culture.
why choose us
We believe that corporate training’s impact is maximized only when it is delivered within the context and understanding of a business’ strategy.
- Our custom training programmes improve alignment of talent with strategy. Through performance coaching @ work we assist businesses to transform culture in line with corporate strategy.
- We help to clarify vision, business strategy and values and achieve talent engagement through leadership education and one-on-one coaching.
- Our team offers a unique blend of business, executive training, coaching, strategy and organizational wellness experience with international exposure.
- We are members of COMENSA, International Coaching Federation and Roodepoort Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Themba Thandeka Leadership Institute is a level 4 (EME) BBBEE rated service provider.
Leadership is critical to all industries and businesses irrespective of size or location. We serve business leaders and leadership teams across a multitude of industries. Key clients include Standard Bank, MPC Recruitment, Aurecon, SEW Eurodrive, Shangoni Management Services, ID Logistics, Andile Solutions and KHS.
Personal and organizational effectiveness is proportionate to the strength of leadership.
– John C. Maxwell
“Humanity rarely find new ways to fail, because the old ways are serving us well.” Learn through reflection.
– John C. Maxwell
“Coaching assists leaders with honest reflection, to optimally learn from setbacks and failures.”
The world needs hope. Countries need hope. Cities need hope. Businesses need hope. Individuals need hope. Servant Leaders understand this, acknowledge this, and act to bring hope to individuals in their teams.
In South Africa, one-third of our workforce suffer from severe anxiety and depression. That also means that one-third of leaders struggle with mental health.
Servant Leaders want to move beyond the first solution and find the best solution. New and better ways of serving our employees and customers are available, but for them to be found, innovation is necessary.
The Servant Leader assists their teams to develop the resilience needed to thrive in a highly competitive, complex, ambiguous, and constantly changing marketplace.
We need to admit that we have lost our identities. The people we lead have identified themselves with this utopian secular dream, and they do not know who they are either. The Servant Leader sees this cultural dynamic playing out and, therefore, deliberately lives by the principle of authenticity.
Eagle Canyon Golf Estate, Honeydew Manor Johannesburg, 2170
086 639 5627
P.O. Box 6393, Weltervredenpark, 1715